Sitting At The Foot Of The Stairs To Heaven

When ever I get gloomy or despondent, about my circumstances. I reflect on the lives of some woman friends of mine. Som88e I know in real life, some from social media. All of them are an inspiration to me. All of them bearing a burden, I couldn't even begin to imagine bearing. I have a vivid imagination, yet I can't even come close to what they endure.

One has a son who contracted brain cancer, when he was nine years old. He is now in his 20”s. An adult with the mind of a nine-year-old. A beautiful person in every way.

A close friend has a daughter just turned 18. Born with C.P. (Cerabal Palsy). Again an adult, yet in this case, with the body of a toddler. She cant speak, how my friend knows what she wants I don't know. The child is also an epileptic. Of epilepsy I can relate, my Mother was an epileptic.

Another also has a daughter with C.P. Contracted as a child. Again an adult with the mind of a child; yet highly gifted.

To each of them my heart goes out to them; to anyone else walking the same road I pray you may be blessed.

I once read somewhere, the steps on the stairway to heaven, is built on a mothers tears. I sit in humility at the foot of those stairs.

stan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIGHWAY MINISTRY

EXCESS BAGGAGE

IN AN INSTANT