What Motivates You part two

4. Have I done enough?

Between the two extremes, when no matter what I have done, I still ask myself that question; the other extreme is I have done my fair share; I seldom go to the second. Maybe it’s the door to door salesman mentality in me that believes every no is one step closer to a yes, or the answer is there somewhere I just have to find it. The danger comes from trying to do it myself, and in my own strength and not letting God work through me. When I am in His Will I operate under his strength. When I am in His Will I also know I can only do what He wants me to do, He will do the rest. How do I know what He wants me to do? From reading His Word and praying. The question of enough often crops up in the area of tithing and seeding. I give because I love Him.

I could into the whole prosperity trip but I wont, because the prosperity from giving isn’t what motivates me to give, just as asking what happens to the money after I give is the start of demotivation, I am only the steward of the money, if I feel uneasy about giving to a certain organization I pray about it and ask for guidance.

5 Am I comfortable where I am?

I don’t think Paul was comfortable when he was shipwrecked, or when he was imprisoned and bound in chains, yet he still found reason to praise God and give thanks; I believe there is such a thing as getting to comfortable, almost smug where I can forget it is only by the Grace Of God that I am where I am.

6. What do other people think about me?

There is an old saying, “If you knew how little people think about you. You wouldn’t worry about it.” I like to feel important enough to think other people think about me. The truth of the matter is they are not. Maybe if I spent less time thinking about what other people might be thinking, and get on with doing what God wants me to do, I will get more done.

7. What motivates me?

What motivates you? What motivates me? There is a different answer for everybody, but it is a question that needs to be answered.

What motivates you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIGHWAY MINISTRY

EXCESS BAGGAGE

IN AN INSTANT